Sunday 9 December 2012

Using Window Live Writer to write Blogger posts

As per this @shanselman reply https://twitter.com/shanselman/status/277514388376784896 (following a question I asked @troyhunt) I’m giving Windows Live Writer 2009 a try, and it seems to support Blogger, and (more importantly  copy and past of images (with auto upload to Picassa) which is exactly what I wanted (see The 'Sync Design Problem' of adding images to this blog for a description of the problem I had)

With Windows Live Writer, I take a screenshot (using O2’s Screenshot tool), and paste it here:
image
With the original image and its thumbnail  (shown above) uploaded to Picassa:
image
The paste default behavior is to create the thumbnail  but there is a properties right-hand-side panel that can be used to change its size (and apply a couple effects):
image
I’m actually using the Windows Live Writer 2009 because that was the first link I found (there was an Windows Live install with a bunch of other stuff which I didn’t install)
image
But on the download page I noticed (when I was about to close the tab) that there is an Windows Live Writer 2011:
image
I guess I’ll give that version a go next.