Monday 13 May 2013

On John Wilander....

John asked me this today via linkedIn to write a recommendation for him:
    Dear Dinis, 
    As I wrote on the leaders list I'm no longer co-leader of OWASP Sweden as of this week's chapter meeting in Stockholm. Hopefully you can help to briefly summarize/recommend my OWASP work 2007 till now.

    Thanks in advance!

    -John Wilander

Which of course I was happy to do.

Here is what I wrote:
    John is one of the few guys in the world that I would hire on the spot (if I could). Not only he is an expert in his field (checkout his PHD on 'using static analysis for security') he is a great Person (with capital P)

    His contributions at OWASP rank above the highest ever, specially the way he organised the OWASP AppSec EU conference in Stockholm, and how we was able to assembly an amazing set of participants for his 'Browser track' at the the OWASP Summit in Lisbon.

    John also is a great singer and I have really amazing memories of us playing together in multiple OWASP conferences and summit.

    Finally, but as important, John is a team player, has a great soul and is somebody I would trust implicitly. This means that he is an amazing asset for any team.

    As you can see by this review, I have John in very high regard, and hope that one day I will be privileged to work with him on another project/initiative :)
Thanks John for all your great work and contributions (so far) to OWASP and the WebAppSec community :)