Sunday 28 April 2013

What is Brand (in pictures)

Here are two amazing images that really show what a brand is:
  and  

The first comes from the Brand Illustrated post and the 2nd from the Marketing vs. Brand post

I think these are beautiful analogies which really explain the differences between the multiple types of communications:

From Brand Illustrated we that:
  • Marketing is when the Man says to the Women: "I'm a great lover"
  • Telemarketing is when the Man says to the Women (over a phone): "I'm a great lover"
  • Public Relations is when a Paid 3rd Party says to the the Women: "Trust me, he is a great lover"
  • Advertising is when the Man puts repeated messages out there (for the Women) saying: "I'm a great lover. I'm a great lover. I'm a great lover."
  • Design is when the Man loves the Women
  • Branding is when the Women says to the Men: "I understand you are a great lover"


In Marketing vs. Brand we get that:
  • Advertising is when the Artist says to the User : "I'm a great artist, I'm a great artist, I'm a great Artist"
  • Social Media is when the Artist says to the User: "Follow Me on Facebook and Twitter. I would like to get to know you better. have you checkout out my Work?"
  • Public Relations is when a Paid 3rd party says to the User: "Have you heard he is a great artist? Everyone is talking about Him"
  • Direct Marketing is when the Artist sends something to the User: "I sent you a [e]mail piece that is tailored just for you. It shows some of my work that I'm sure you will like"
  • Brand is when the User says to the Artist: "I know you are a great artist! Everyone is talking about you. Your works are masterpiece"