Wednesday 2 May 2012

We're all mortals, so lets make the most of it

Just heard today that a very good friend lost her husband to a 5 year cancer battle :(

I can't image what she has been through and it does show how the lottery of live can sometimes be quite harsh.

It's in times like this that one really must think about what we are doing with our time and make sure that we are having a positive impact.

In a way that is what I like so much about OWASP. It is a great community, made of amazing people, and each one of us, can be proud of our contributions, since we are having a positive impact on the solution of a big problem.

I fell very fortunate that I am able to spend my time doing what I am really passionate about, so if you are currently  stuck in a job just because it 'pays well', or it is the 'right thing to do', get out of there.

Life's too short to spend it on things we don't believe and are not passionate about.

Lets make sure that we have a positive impact while we are still around