Monday 8 October 2012

Still at the being ignored stage

A good friend included on a recent email, this comment:


"...I thought you might like this top quote. Reminds me of you !

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/here-s-to-the-crazy-ones-the-misfits-the-rebels/761372.html .."

That link is for one of the best Steve Jobs (or Apple) quotes, which is of course a great source of inpiration for me:


“Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.”

You can see that text on its original form in the 1997 Apple Add (btw, this is the version with Steve Jobs doing the voiceover, which is much better than the original)

Now, having just had two StackExchange questions removed by its moderators (see here and here) and based on the still limited reaction that currently exists to the O2 Platform, I can say (from experience) that what actually happens for a while is that you are indeed IGNORED :)

I think reality is more like:  "...First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win ...".(Wikipedia is not sure if that is Mahatma Gandhi quote)

To be honest, I don't really care about the win bit, I want to change the way software is developed and make it more secure, so there is not really a winner or looser.

Also, (so far) I have not been of receiving end of laughs. What I get a log is: '... that looks cool/powerful, but I have no idea how to use or apply it to my problelm...' :)

So maybe a better sequence of events is:

"...First they ignore you, 
        ... then they are puzzled at you, 
            .... then they resist change, 
                   ....then then change  "

:)