Sunday 16 June 2013

Trying DevExpress (install and uninstall)

Since I'm still not 100% happy with Resharper performance and system Impact, I just tried CodeRush from DevExpress

The rest of this post shows how I installed, used it and uninstalled CodeRush

I went to CodeRush main page:

image

... downloaded the installer


image

This screen is weird since what I want is CodeRush, which seems to be the only one not selected

image

... so lets try like this:

image

... clicked on “…Can I own your computer please?…” and “…do you accept all the terms we wrote without reading them”

image

... the 14Mb download started

image

... the install hanged here for a little bit

image
image

... After loading up visual studio, there is a new Menu Bar menu

image

Humm, memory consumption is not looking very good:

image

... the unit test runner doesn’t work without config (on the same project that Resharper runs ok):

image

... the GUI goes unresponsive and the memory consumption is very high:

image
... and
image

The decompiler window looks good, but unfortunately  after waiting around 2 minutes for VS to become responsive again, I’m going to uninstall it:

image

bye bye

image

... maybe next time, when they move all activity to outside the VisualStudio process