Friday 31 January 2014

Eclipse Plugin that allows the execution of REPL Groovy Scripts (in the current Eclipse Instance) and Fluent API for Eclipse+SWT

For the past 6 months I have been working on an Eclipse plugin that implements a Groovy REPL that makes it very easy to learn Eclipse and SWT.

I also started the creation of a fluent API for Eclipse and SWT, in order to reduce the amount of code that needs to be written when creating Eclipse plugins.

The plan is to release the next version of this plugin as an kind of Eclipse Plugin Builder, but it is already quite usable in the current state.

Here are a series of blog posts I have written about this (and my efforts in creating the Eclipse plugin), with the most recent first:
To try it out, please use the update site http://eclipse-plugin-builder.azurewebsites.net

I'm currently working in the creation of an JavaDocs site with more details about how it all works

Feedback is really appreciated