Thursday 3 January 2013

I think the time as come for OWASP to have its own secure browser(s)

The idea is to create a customised version of a popular browser (like Chrome or Firefox) that has been customised to be secure out-of-the-box.

It could even be something like http://www.srware.net/ but I want to leverage the trust-network that OWASP has (and its potential to peer-review) to create a piece of software that I actually trust (or that it can earn my trust with time)


We should also add extensions that improve its security (after doing a security review on them).

This will not be an easy road since creating secure apps is very hard, but I think that doing this in a public forum (like OWASP) will help to sort out a lot of the current (workflow and technological) problems.

I finally reached this conclusion by being (again) in Starbucks with the potential of my blog being compromised