Thursday 3 January 2013

2013 wish list and objectives

Happy new year. I’m just back from spending a week in the US where I actually didn’t touch my laptop (for work or coding) and was able to relax, read a number of books and spend a great time with family and friends.

On the way back I started writing on my (paper-based) molenskine notebook a bunch of ideas/concepts/plans (which should appear in future blog posts)

One of the things I wrote down was this (unedited and not-in-specific order) 2013 wish list and objectives:

  • not travel (as much as I did in 2005 till 2010)
  • continue to be able to get into ‘high focus/development/productive zones’
  • improve O2 Platform, continue its innovation path and make it easier to use, more powerful and effective
  • make TeamMentor a success (from a product,workflow, and sales point of view)
  • find ways to work with security tool vendors in making their products/services ‘work’ for real-world applications and in connecting integrating them (IBM, HP, Veracode, Checkmarx, VulnFix, Anti-Virus, Insurance companies, etc…)
  • find ways to effectively run distributed dev teams
  • learn how to draw (maybe creating cartoons with AppSec scenarios)
  • fail more
  • blog more (maybe of different blogs)
  • write book reviews
  • learn new programming languages
  • continue to document my ideas for WebAppSec and OWASP (and trying to point OWASP into a better direction)
  • clean my inbox (namely getting to the point where I don’t have any unread messages)
  • keeping fit, by playing more/better 5-a-side football (maybe restarting playing tennis)
  • sort out my financial problems and debt
    • increase my income
    • fully pay my Tax bills and Bank Overdraft
  • continue to walk barefoot
    • try to run most days (try new barefoot shoes)
    • take more care of my feet
  • take time to re-read the notes created over the past years (spread over multiple notebooks)
  • continue reading books and learning