Monday 8 October 2012

The Seeker product sounds good, how can I get my hands on it?

Here is very positive review from SC Magazine on Seeker : First Look: Seeking application security

Seeker is an interesting WebAppSec product since it mixes SAST and DAST and RunTime analysis.  It is also lead by Ofer Maor which is OWASP Leader and really smart guy.

I really would like to take it for a test drive, but am still waiting for Ofer to send me an evaluation version :)

And if it works, it would be something that I wouldn't mind running regularly on TeamMentor, but at 30k for a license, I don't think that that will happen (they need a better price for SMEs)

My other interrest in Seeker is to add an O2 Platform API for it and to integrate it with TeamMentor's Security Knowledge-Base, just like we are doing for CheckMarx (see videos at PoC of integrating TeamMentor with Checkmarx )