Tuesday 30 July 2013

Trying to keep secure while at BlackHat and DefCon 2013

Since the BlackHat and DefCon networks are getting more and more dangerous/compromised (and SSL doesn't mean much these days), this year, I'm going to try to be more careful with my interweb and account's activities.

So:
  • I'm only taking 1 Mac Laptop which has a clean install of OSx (+ Fusion with clean window's installs), which will use this for research on the presentation I'm doing at DefCon (on Sunday) 
  • I'm not taking my real phone (I'm going to try to get a SIM cart in the US which hopefully will work on a unblocked and factory-reset iPhone 4)
  • I'm not going to check my OWASP and SI emails while there, and am only going to use the temporary diniscruz_defcon@outlook.com account (I also have an temp GitHub, twitter and blogger accounts)
So if you want to reach me, the best way is via the diniscruz_defcon@outlook.com (which I will check regularly, but will expect to be a little-bit compromised)

Any other ideas?

For the ones that are going, what other security measures are you taking?

Cya in Vegas